OUR TOP PRIORITY IS YOUR SAFETY.
With the Queensland Government implementing a three-step plan to ease restrictions, we have welcomed back some of our Village retailers.
You can enjoy a relaxing facial or treatment, have your nails done, an eyebrow wax/threading, or sit down and enjoy a coffee.
Under Stage 2 restrictions, beauty and nail salons can have up to 20 customers instore at any one time, with strict adherence to cleaning procedures, public health rules and social distancing requirements.
Our food court retailers continue to provide takeaway and delivery services, but our food court seating area remains closed until further restrictions ease. Coles, Kmart and David Jones opening hours are the same, but please check with your favourite specialty retailer as trading hours will vary.
We continue to be committed to protecting our community, the retailers, staff and customers, with signage reminding people of hygiene and social distancing requirements, sanitiser stations for all to use, and a strengthened focus on cleaning particularly frequent touch points and high traffic areas.
Remember that we all play a part in keeping our community safe, and customers are expected to adhere to public health rules whilst visiting Toowong Village. This includes:
- Staying 1.5 metres away from those around you
- Remembering the 1 person per 4 square metre rule
- Respecting the customer number limits at the entry of each store
- Hand and respiratory hygiene – washing your hands regularly and covering your face with a flexed elbow or tissue if you sneeze or cough
- Staying home if you are unwell.
We look forward to seeing all our familiar faces shopping in the Village, and we thank you for your support of our wonderful retailers.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and be guided by the advice from Queensland Health and Australian health authorities. For information please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/
MAJOR RETAILERS – TRADING HOURS UPDATE:
Coles, Kmart and David Jones are OPEN and trading every day of the week.
Click here for current store trading hours.
SPECIALTY STORES – UPDATE:
We’re excited to see a number of specialty stores reopening at the Village.*
BEAUTY & NAILS:
As of Monday 1 June 2020, beauty and nail salons are allowed up to 20 customers at a time while also following the 4 square metres per customer guideline, in accordance to Stage 2 – Queensland Government’s roadmap to easing restrictions.
It is advisable to contact the salons to book an appointment prior to visiting due to store capacity restrictions. Customers must provide their names and contact details as part of the COVID Safe Plan, if bookings are not computerised.
The following retailers are now OPEN:
- Ella Bache T: 3720 8244 (to book, walk in appointments available)
- Laser Clinics Australia T: 3062 7497 (to book)
- Shehnaz Beauty T: 3876 7356 (to book)
- Fashion Nail Bar T: 0410 549 945 (to book)
- Polish Nail Lounge T: 3871 0870 (to book)
Cafes and Restaurants:
Commencing Monday 1 June 2020 (Stage 2, Queensland Government’s roadmap to easing restrictions), cafes and restaurants can allow up to 20 seated customers at a time. Click here for a list of food retailers who are OPEN and offer dine-in or takeaway options.
Customers must wait for staff to seat them and provide their names and contact details in order to be seated as part of the COVID Safe Plan.
For your safety, please follow the care measures our cafes and restaurants have implemented. Please note: not all cafes and restaurants will offer dining facilities at this stage, however can certainly accommodate takeaway and in some instances, delivery options.
Food takeaway and delivery can be ordered from our food retailers, however Food Court seating remains CLOSED along with common mall seating.
Click here for a list of food retailers who are OPEN and offer takeaway/delivery options.
*Specialty store trading hours are subject to change and store hours vary. We recommend that you contact stores direct to confirm trading hours. Click here for store phone numbers and contact information.
We ask that you please ensure you obey individual stores’ restrictions and social distancing measures to help their staff members and other customers feel safe.
TOOWONG LIBRARY AND CENTRE SERVICES – UPDATE:
- Brisbane City Council re-opened the Toowong library on Saturday 16 May, with enhanced safety and social distancing measures in place. For more information click here.
- The Justice of the Peace Association service remains closed temporarily. Please visit the Department of Justice and Attorney General website for a list of JP after hours contacts in your area, if you require documents witnessed and certified.
- While our Customer Service Desk is temporarily closed, our centre team can assist you. Please contact Toowong Village for general enquiries on T: 3870 7177.
GYM – UPDATE:
- Fitness First will reopen on Friday 5 June 2020 from 12 noon to 6pm.
- Members MUST book their gym session with Fitness First prior to visitation. Contact Fitness First Toowong for details.
- Trading hours: Monday to Thursday: 6am to 8pm. Friday: 6am to 6pm. Saturday: 7am to 12 noon. Sunday: closed.
Page last updated: 5 June 2020.