Justice of the Peace Service
Our Justice of the Peace Service returns to the Village on Tuesday 4 August!
The Justice of the Peace volunteers can witness documentation including statutory declarations and affidavits. The service available:
- Tuesday: 10am to 12.30pm*
- Thursday: 10am to 12.30pm*
*Excludes public holidays.
To keep both our Justice of the Peace volunteers and customers safe, there are some new guidelines in place advised by the Justice Department.
- Bring your own BLACK pen
- Limit interactions to no more than 15 minutes with the witnessing Justice of the Peace volunteer
- Maintain a 1.5m distance
- Use hand sanitiser provided at the Justice of the Peace desk before and after handling documents
Please note: there will be one (1) Justice of Peace volunteer witnessing documents, so please allow for plenty of time.
Our Justice of the Peace volunteers are unpaid, who give up their time voluntary to support the community. We thank you for being respectful, patient and following the new guidelines.
When visiting the Village, we remind you that we all play a part in keeping our community safe, and customers are expected to adhere to the public health rules which includes:
- Maintain social distancing – staying 1.5 metres away from those around you
- Remembering the 1 person per 4 square metre rule
- Hand and personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and cover your face with a flexed elbow or tissue if you sneeze or cough
- Staying home if you are unwell
We look forward to seeing you at the Village soon.
Level 1, near Toowong Library